Follow the steps:
1. Form groups of four. Give your group a name.
2. Decide on different areas of responsibility for each member of the group:
One can be responsible for collecting pictures and visuals and arranging the artwork.
One can be responsible for finding out about the person when they were young. Another can find out what great things the person did.
Another can be responsible for presenting the information to the class.
3. Create a File on your computer desktop. Give the File the name of your group.
4. Download the graphic organizer that will help you collect the information you need and save it in your group File (famous people in history.docx).
5. Download the character description document that will help you describe the personality of the famous person you will choose to work with and save it in your group file (character description from horoscopes.docx)
6. Open a new word document and take notes, download pictures, insert them in the document and then save the document in your Group File with the name (photos.docx).
Don't forget to cite the sources: where you downloaded the pictures and the text from and who they belong to (copy-paste URLs and insert them in the document you created).
7. While you are surfing the sites, read the hypertexts in order to find the following information:
- where and when the person was born;
- where the person lived as a child
- where and what the person studied
- what the person was like as a young man/woman
- what personal characteristics/traits he/she has
- what kinds of things the person did which make him or her different.
- scan the hypertexts for specific facts
- skim the hypertexts for the global meaning
- transfer the information to the chart
- summarize information and paraphrase using your own words
- combine the information in order to create your product
- use the online dictionary to help you with difficult words
8. Choose a famous person from the ones in the RESOURCES page.
9. Fill in the chart with the necessary information, save it in your group file and e-mail it to your teacher for feedback.
10. Plan and create your presentation with the Microsoft Power Point or a web 2.0 tool like Powtoon, Animaker or Spark Adobe. Use the notes you have made and the pictures you have saved in the word documents. Insert pictures, text or video of the famous person you chose to work with. Give your presentation a name, save it in your Group File and share it on the class Facebook page or post it on the classroom Blog.
Watch the video tutorial to see how a power point presentation is created
Watch the video tutorial of how to upload a power point presentation on Blogger
Plan and create your quiz:
see what a quiz is like, here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwatson/the-ultimate-celebrity-trivia-quiz#.jiynP7LKoN
You can use the following web 2.0 tools to create your quiz online
- Google forms
Create an account using your group's e-mail, make a quiz, save it and send the link by e-mail to your teacher.
Present it to your classmates, share it on the class Facebook page or post it on the classroom Blog.
Plan and write an interview. Download the suggested questions for the interview here. Save it in your group File (SUGGESTED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.docx). Discuss, analyze and evaluate the information needed. Write your interview, save it and send it by e-mail to your teacher.
Present it to your classmates by role playing it or record it, share it on the class Facebook page or post it on the classroom Blog.
11. Go to the EVALUATION page to see how you are going to be graded for this assignment. Evaluate the websites, yourself and your peers!